Semi-Rigid Foam Insulation
The Sealection 500 Spray Foam Insulation System
SEALECTION 500 is an open cell semi-rigid spay-applied polyurethane foam insulation system which is made up of million of microscopic cells that simultaneously insulate and air-seal. SEALECTION 500 has been specifically designed to make homes more energy efficient, comfortable, quiet and less dusty. SEALECTION 500 is applied as a liquid which expands into a semi-rigid mass; it automatically “SEALS” off those drafty areas such as baseboards, headers, sill plates, around windows, doors, electrical outlets, pipes, etc. It also minimizes uncontrolled air leakage throughout the building envelope (wall, ceilings,…), thereby reducing energy losses.
- SEALECTION 500 R-Value does not diminish over time.
- SEALECTION 500 cellular structure and monolithic surface (no joints or seams) make it ideal for energy conservation.
- SEALECTION 500 will maintain the same R-Value even at lowered temperatures.
Installation by Allied Spray Foams
- On-site customized installation
- Perfect fit every time
- Insulate and air seal the hard-to-reach areas
- Allied Spray Foams is an authorized contractor using approved applicators in accordance to the InSEAL-Right quality assurance program
- Applied with specialized equipment designed specifically for a two component urethane system
- Applied from the interior to open cavities
- Excellent adhesion on clean dry surfaces (no need for fasteners)
- Like all insulation SEALECTION 500 must be protected by an approved thermal barrier from the interior and conform to the local building codes and regulations
- Depending upon the geographical location, a vapor barrier may be required on the warm side of the insulation
- SEALECTION 500 seals cracks, gaps, etc. found in on-site construction.
- SEALECTION 500 is an air barrier due to its low air leakage.
- SEALECTION 500 can withstand gust wind conditions (160 mph wind velocity).
- Energy Efficient Homes – heating and cooling costs can be reduced by as much as 50%.
- A Reduction of Heating and Air Conditioning tonnage by as much as 40% without the loss of efficiency or comfort.
- Draft Free Environment – sealing of cracks, joints, etc…, will prevent uncontrolled movement of air through the wall assemblies.
- Quiet Homes – the open cells and the semi-rigid polyurethane mass will absorb and reduce the transmission of sound.
- Dust Free – homes insulated with SEALECTION 500 show a remarkable reduction of dust accumulation.
- Improved Indoor Air Quality.
- Stable Insulation – not subject to structural deterioration or decomposition.
- Comfort throughout the Home.